I would like to take this opportunity to thank and appreciate fellow blogger Arnav from Eat, Travel, Live, Repeat for nominating my blog for the Liebster Award. It’s such an honor to be selected for this award. It’s been 9 months since I started blogging I have had a wonderful time exploring this whole new passion for writing while traveling the world one holiday at a time.
About Eat, Travel, Live, Repeat
Eat, Travel, Live, Repeat is a blog by Arnav who happens to be a civil engineer by profession, a foodie and a travel aficionado. Arnav’s lives by the mantra “Go somewhere new, once a month”.
About the Liebster Award
The Liebster Award is an online award given to bloggers by other bloggers encouraging and sharing the love, thereby paying it forward.
- Post the award on your blog so everybody knows how awesome you are.
- Publicly thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Answer their questions about yourself, feel free to add photos!
- Nominate 5–10 people with less than 1000 followers, inform them via social media.
- Write your own set of questions for your nominees.
- Pay it forward.
Below are the questions that Arnav asked me:
- What inspires you to travel the most and why?
As my blog name suggests, travel came to me as an escape from the chaos that our world is currently in, I started to escape life one holiday at a time. What inspires me the most about travel is the unpredictability attached to it and the happiness you derive from it than any possession or asset that you own. When you see the sights and sounds of the world away from your television sets and with your own eye, there’s nothing like it! Like a famous saying, “People wait all week for Friday, all year for summer and all life for happiness, I travel.” I’d love to live by it.
- What are your 3 best travel destinations and why?
I haven’t been to a lot of places and that is a book I’m constantly writing. The best travel destination according to me would be: INDIA, of course, because there is no country on the map that could be anything like India, Nepal for the tallest and magnificent mountains in the world ‘The Himalayas’ and New Zealand because life far away is important too! There is really no best destination. Every place is awesome!
- What has been your best travel experience till date?
That has to be Nepal and the trek through the Everest region spanning 150+ kms in 21 days, climbing three high mountain passes and three 5000m+ mountains and reaching the base camp of the tallest mountain in the world, The Everest. Incredible is not it! Here’s the highlight of the trip.
- And the worst?
Worst? So far it has been a world of positives, so worst is still yet to be featured in my list. I’m sure there is something out there.
- What is your impression of The ETLR (Eat, Travel, Live and REPEAT) Blog and what recommendations would you give to improve the blog?
Arnav’s belief to follow his passions and travel is probably the best thing one can do and is the tagline of ELTR. This is exactly what life is all about, following your passions and doing what you love. Doesn’t really have to be travel. It could be anything. The blog is pretty outstanding in my opinion. My biggest recommendation would be to move to a personal domain name as this would help the blog stand out and a name of its own.
- If money is not the criteria and you have a month in your hand, where would you travel to and why?
This is a really tough question here. The world is simply full of amazing places. I think I would head to Europe and backpack across all the places I could possibly fit in 30 days. Or maybe the South East Asian countries or South America. Depending on the weather.
- What is your best travel souvenir till date and from where?
The certificate that says I reached the base camp of the tallest mountain in the world which I received in Nepal.
- What qualities do you look in your perfect travel partner?
I think the most important quality should be that he/she should love to travel and ready to experience life outside of their enclosed reality and comforts. Otherwise there’s really no point in traveling together.
Since I’m a minimalist, I would obviously like to travel with someone who has the same minimal mentality as it be easier while making choices.
The last quality I would look for is that travel is a mutual thing, give and take, so we should really look out for each other at any situation possible.
There could be many more but I think it narrows down to these three for me.
- How do you think you are motivating others to travel?
I started blogging not to let others know that I’m traveling but so that everyone who reads it will get out there and experience the world the same way I have or better. I believe that through my writing we could bring about change in the world and be influential. There are a lot of people who have been inspired by my travels and that alone makes me want to travel more and inspire more people.
- Your 5 travel tips to fellow travelers.
Here are some that I abide by
- Respect yourself. Respect the world, the people and anything that is out there. You get respect only when you give respect.
- Give more than what you get.
- Try not to look at the negatives when things go wrong but always learn from the experience instead and stay positive.
- Motivate yourself and inspire others.
- Follow your passion and live life to the best of your abilities. We haven’t got a lot of time here.
Here are my nominees for the Liebster Award:
Christina from Postcards to Madrid is based in Madrid, Spain, traveling on a budget and finding hidden places to travel to, sharing her experiences from the road.
Ausmita and her husband are based in India and they travel over the weekends, always finding something new in their travels and sharing their experiences on their blog.
Jimmy and Tina are an English and American couple who share a passion for travel. Through their blog they inspire and encourage everyone to live life to the fullest and to do what makes you happy. And Jimmy is such a fun guy with thee 00D and all.
Sapna, loves traveling. Like her name, she dreams with her eyes open. She took a sabbatical from work and over the past couple of years has travelled to quite a few places in and around India and continues to blog about them.
Sam is a man after my own heart. Sam set up his blog to share about his 5 week expedition in the Ladakh Himalayas. A final year Masters student in Chemical Engineering, loves physical challenges and competes in triathlons and endurance events.
Untravelled Routes was born one day when Ashish and Charu were relishing their travel pictures and the thought of compiling their travel stories came into their mind. Gathering their pictures, stories adventures and experiences.
My 10 questions for the nominees
1. When and how did you start traveling and blogging?
2. What is your style of travel?
3. What are your best and worst travel experiences?
4. What is your opinion of India as a tourist destination?
5. Where would you travel to right now, if money is not a criteria?
6. Your top 3 photos from your travels?
7. Name an experience you had while traveling that you would do again and again.
8. What is your favorite travel destination?
9. Give 5 travel tips to my readers and other travellers?
10. Finally, what is your impression of Escaping Life?
It’s your turn to pay it forward!
Escape life…Everything before that is just progress!
Travel Blogger from Kochi, India. An inspired traveler, a travel writer, a photographer, an aspiring mountaineer, a positive thinker and a minimalist.